9/03/2009

Facebook overload

I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook. I love it when I find and get found by old friends that I've lost touch with. I hate it when random networky people who I've hardly (or sometimes never) spoken to "friend" me. I like logging in to see what my friends are up to - especially those with kids and babies to see what the little ones are doing. But when I am logged in, I am annoyed by the people who update too much. There is a handful of people who are always facebooking and their updates push down and drown out other people's posts. And of course these too-frequent posters are also the people I care the least about. Not only that, they often have the most boring posts!

And then there are some people who just seem to FB unnecessarily. I am friends with a married couple who write on each other's walls ALL THE TIME with personal messages about how much they love and/or miss each other. Mind you, these two live together and see each other everyday. It's like he leaves the house and she has to write on his FB wall. It's a little too TMI for me. Can't they just text each other like other normal modern couples? Do they really have to post these messages to show up on all their friends' updates?

Some of my friends complain I'm not on FB enough. But I'm trying not to become one of those FB addicts who share too much. Where is the balance? Is lurking on FB a crime?

No comments:

Post a Comment