11/17/2009

Blog I love: lets.rebuild.

I was searching for Herman Miller furniture one day, and stumbled upon lets.rebuild. And I've been a fan ever since.

The site doesn't just sell Herman Miller furniture - it's so much more than that. lets.rebuild. regularly lists and sells "upcycled, recycled, vintage, mid-century, danish modern, and custom built furniture as well as things genuinely worth having - in the Triangle area of North Carolina." I don't know if Ryan Helsel, who owns the blog, is the one who restores and works on the furniture or if he collects, and sells them, but I'm thankful that he's there to share these beautiful and smart pieces to the world. Even if I may not be interested in a piece, I still love the beautiful photography.

Here are some of my favorites from lets.rebuild.:



This piece reminds me of a chair I had - wooden stiletto legs, pale yellow, vinyl, mid-century. Except mine had a very boxy shape. Mine got redone in a beautiful orange wool fabric and now belongs to a friend. I hope this piece also got the same love.

















[via lets.rebuild.]

No comments:

Post a Comment