8/25/2009

Technology that Makes Me Happy, and Hungry

I love this Gizmodo story about a patent for a banana injector that fills a banana with ice cream. My first reaction: What a bloody fantastic idea! Why isn't this yummy delicious ice-cream filled product in our grocery stores? I would buy that up in dozens and eat several a day! The patent exists so why aren't the products out there?

Even more amazing is the fact that this patent was filed in 1932. 19-freaking-32~! That means in the midst of the Great Depression, some genius came up with a great idea and developed the tool to make it happen, and even filed the patent for it. This person should have become a bazillionaire for the brilliant idea, and then making it come true. Unfortunately I'm going to have to guess that did not happen, since this ice cream-injected banana is not a ubiquitous snack today.

Oh but now that this patent and awesomely deliciously simple idea has been dug out of the patent archives, can someone please please make it into a reality? Either create and sell the injectors or the end products themselves. I'm lazy so I would much prefer to just buy the bananas at the store, but then with such a handy injector tool I can in fact create many other variations of the the stuffed banana. The Gizmodo article mentions pb&j filled banana, which is a great idea. I think chocolate-filled would be fantastic as well, but even better would be a PB & chocolate filled banana. Yum. And how about these ideas:

- moosetrack ice cream filled banana
- fudge filled banana
- strawberry jam/strawberry ice cream filled banana
- strawberry syrup/vanilla ice cream filled banana
- chocolate syrup and coconut ice cream filled banana
- ice cream sundae style: banana filled with nuts, fudge, and vanilla ice cream
- eclair style: custard & chocolate filled banana
- praline-filled banana
- how about a cheestnut creme filled banana with Nutella

It's literally like making an ice cream sundae - the possibilities are endless!

Oh someone make this banana injector now! I will be first in line to purchase the product - then I'll run out and buy a little cart and start making my own special creations and sell them on hot summer days @ the beach and street fairs! Second career, here I come! Heck in honor of Arrested Development, I would even create a banana-shaped stand (pending the success of the portable cart) to sell my awesome ice cream bananas!

(via Gizmodo & Novah 11)

No comments:

Post a Comment